The 100th anniversary of Moto Guzzi was in 2021, and the Mandello Del Lario brand commemorated the significant event with limited-edition models and a touring museum display. Guzzi began to look forward in September 2021 rather than backward, offering fans an early glance at the brand-new Moto Guzzi 2022 V100 Mandello Street Bike.
Moto Guzzi 2022 V100 Mandello Street Bike – Features and Specs
Moto Guzzi has disclosed the complete information and specifications for the V100 Mandello at EICMA 2021 after months of keeping the data a secret. The new sport-touring model has a 1,042cc transverse V-Twin, as the name “V100” indicates. In addition to producing 115 horsepower and 77.4 lb-ft of torque, the liquid-cooled, DOHC, 8-valve mill also benefits from revolutionary compact block construction. The air-cooled, 853cc transverse V-Twin in the V85 TT is shorter by 4.1 inches than the liter-size V100 engine.
Guzzi makes the most of its small design with a 58.5-inch wheelbase. The Mandello is kept in check at high speed by a long single-sided swingarm with shaft drive, and its small chassis retains its agility in the esses. The 1,042cc engine is a stressed part in the tubular steel frame to save weight. The Ohlins Smart EC 2.0 semi-active suspension automatically adjusts the handling characteristics of the rider and the road.
The throttle-by-wire technology has four different riding modes: Travel, Sport, Rain, and Road. To meet each circumstance, the system modifies the V100’s three distinct engine maps, 4-level traction control, three engine braking settings, and suspension calibration. The new Goose has a Marelli 11MP ECU, 6-axis IMU, cornering ABS, adaptive LED lighting, and cruise control.
The sport-industry-first tourer’s adaptive aerodynamics steal the show despite the complete electronics package. The cutting-edge technology, which consists of wind deflectors positioned at the sides of the 4.6-gallon gasoline tank, adjusts to the current speed and riding mode. In addition to the thickly cushioned seat, high-mounted handlebars, and 5-inch TFT display, the deflectors, in combination with the electrically adjustable windshield, provide wind protection by 22% when completely extended.
The MSRP or availability of the 2022 Moto Guzzi V100 Mandello has not yet been disclosed. It will be given in 2 versions: a basic model and a luxury model with heated grips, a quick shifter, and the Moto Guzzi MIA multimedia system as standard.
Moto Guzzi 2022 V100 Mandello – Top Ten Facts
- A liquid-cooled DOHC 90-degree V-twin engine powers the 2022 Moto Guzzi V100 Mandello. While the transverse top end is a feature we are all acquainted with, the bikes from Mandello del Lario are the first to use double-overhead cams and liquid cooling.
- Displacement is 1042cc. However, we must wait to get the bore and stroke figures. The motor is physically smaller than the V85 TTs.
- Moto Guzzi is claiming 115 horsepower from the new motor. Ninety percent of the maximum torque of 77 ft-lbs is available at 3500 rpm for the engine. Although we are unsure of the max horsepower and torque, we can tell you that the rev limiter engages at 9500 rpm.
- The clutch is likewise wet, and lubrication is done using a wet sump design. The grip is also hydraulically operated.
- The wheelbase of the Mandello is 58.5 inches thanks to the steel tube frame and left-side, single-sided aluminum swingarm. The shaft drive is housed in the swingarm. According to Moto Guzzi, the drive shaft location is lower and prevents torque from transferring to the suspension.
- A six-axis IMU, ride-by-wire, and a Marelli 11MP ECU are added to the 2022 Moto Guzzi V100 Mandello. It enables three engine mappings, four traction control settings, three levels of engine braking, cruise control, and ABS with cornering awareness.
- The many customizable features will be included in four riding modes: Sport, Road, Travel, and Rain. The rider can keep track of everything on a five-inch TFT screen.
- Adaptive aerodynamics is a characteristic that is controlled by the riding modes. Moto Guzzi intends the Mandello to be a sport-tourer and a two-up one. By utilizing the speed and riding mode to establish their locations, the adaptive aerodynamic system modifies the deflectors on the side of the fuel tank. The deflectors reduce 22 percent of the air pressure transmitted to the rider at their most protective level. The goal is to protect more people with a smaller fairing.
- The windscreen is electrically repositionable to shelter the rider from windblast better.
- Ergonomics provides a suitable body posture for sporty riding while still providing comfort for travel.
Moto Guzzi 2022 V100 Mandello Street Bike – Technical Specifications
Engine and transmission
|Displacement||1042.0 ccm (63.58 cubic inches)|
|Engine type||V2, four-stroke|
|Power||115.0 HP (83.9 kW))|
|Torque||105.0 Nm (10.7 kgf-m or 77.4 ft.lbs)|
|Valves per cylinder||4|
|Fuel control||Double Overhead Cams/Twin Cam (DOHC)|
|Transmission type||Shaft drive (cardan) (final drive)|
Chassis, suspension, brakes, and wheels
|Front Suspension||Telescopic fork|
|Front brakes||Double disc. ABS.|
|Diameter||320 mm (12.6 inches)|
|Rear brakes||Single disc. ABS.|
|Diameter||260 mm (10.2 inches)|
Physical measures and capacities
|Seat height||803 mm (31.6 inches) If adjustable, lowest setting.|
|Fuel capacity||17.50 liters (4.62 US gallons)|
|Instruments||The 5-inch color TFT instrument panel|