Exposed by bikescatalog last Monday very new Triumph Trophy 1200 SE MOD 2013. Triumph Trophy 1200 SE have just been presented at the time of Sunday where 25,000 fans of the mark found themselves. Now here is the further information on it.
How Triumph detests the vacuum! It is “up to date” (with recent Tiger Explorer 1200, Tiger 800, and Speed Triples). Since the disappearance of old Trophy 900 and 1200 that were produced between 1991 and 2004, the firm of Hinckley does not miss of it less than one true GT. It is precisely this gap which the manufacturer intends to fill well in 2013 with the launch of this very ambitious Triumph Trophy 1200 SE aimed to be presented this weekend.
Return to “true” the GT
It’s good to think about Triumph Trophy 1200 SE, as it is not a long time that motor bike of tourism versified only with careen-age wrapping and integrated travel goods shop. If the large trail travelers upset not bad certainty, the GT traditionally is not of it a less great success. But the innovations are rare and often too timid.
Neither growing old Pan European and Yamaha FJR 1300 (which will be replaces in 2013, lira our news on this subject) in spite of their revolutionary automatic box, nor Kawasaki GTR 1400 for even too much sporting, still managed to refresh a category where BMW R 1200 RT always cuts the lion’s share.
Trophy gold… trophy
Luxurious, over-equipped, the news Triumph Trophy 1200 2013 forsakes the traditional tubular framework with a new aluminum frame perfectly, in the air of time. Besides motorization, this large motor bike GT again began milks to feature the three-cylinders on line for an order drive by wire and controls traction, discovered on the recent trail Triumph 1200.
Its transmission shafting, card and joint reinforce its aptitudes GT. Even if total architecture is different, one must recognize serious “resemblance” with BMW R 1200 RT current with this news Triumph Trophy 1200 SE 2013. The front face, the careen-age, the saddle in two parts and the satchels are inspired incontestably by the Germanic spirit as a regard motor bike of tourism.
The line of Trophy is pleasant. When looked at some angles, the motor bike is shown well finished. The manufacturer even thought of covering the edge with the rubber rear view mirrors, not to stripe their painting against a wall.
Right now Triumph Trophy 1200 2013 SE raises on such a level of its rival that it She has a windshield with electrical regulation on 16.4 cm with braking integral ABS in series, handles and heating saddles with seated adjustable pilot of 800 mm or 820 mm (BMW: 820 mm or 840 mm) and the capacity of the tank are of 26 liters (BMW: 27 liters), that of the bags which make it possible to transport an integral helmet motor bike, of 31 liters (BMW: 32 liters). The top-box is in option on Trophy 1200 as on the R1200RT.
Originally the bottom of the bags is assembled on hinges which oscillates until 5° to exempt the transported objects of the vibrations. Of vibrations one hopes less present than on Tiger taken along by the same engine. By taking seat on board Triumph Trophy 1200 2013, the handlebar retrogressing offer a position very adapted to tourism. Control units and instrument panel concern the airliner (see low). The gauge of Triumph Trophy halfway positions it between BMW R 1200 RT and BMW K 1600 GT.
The legs are unfolded; the knees can tighten the tank without gene particular. Protection seems promising with it. With 301 kg all full facts (without the bags; data manufacturer to be checked), Triumph Trophy 1200 SE would be of 42 kg heavier than its rival, and especially, its center of gravity is placed higher. When the motor bike is mounted, it is obviousness, impossible in that to fight against the flat-twin!
And by making it play between the legs, it is necessary to take station to not let you unbalance. But one can hope that this feeling of heaviness will disappear as of first km/h, as it is often the case.
Two versions for Triumph Trophy 1200: standard and SE
It is not one, but two Triumph Trophy 1200 SE that Triumph has just presented in Austria. Contrary with BMW, which proposes a long list of options for each one of its models, the English manufacturer chose him to market two versions of Triumph Trophy 1200 2013. The first has the luggage described in details on the list below, but the second, named Trophy SE, is equipped with a pack of equipment even more remarkable.
One will then retain the adjustable suspensions on three modes of control and three others of load, the pressure gauge of the tires and the control of traction with a very sophisticated audio system.
How to promise more?
“Handy but neutral, precise and comfortable”; Does Simon Warburton, person in charge of the production at Triumph, present already the news Triumph Trophy 1200 2013 like a queen, how could say the opposite? It is with an appearance however very consensual that the innovation leaves to the attack as of BMW R 1200 RT.
With its three-cylinders it is appreciably more powerful than the flat twin (in all the safe countries in France, for the moment…); the news Trophy 1200 also has a weapon of choice as its other competitors of the moment, motorized by large four-cylinder engine or six-cylinder car, even if those, it is already known, for certain are renewed in 2013.
Triumph Trophy 1200 2013: To retain
Official media presentation: September 2012
Concessionary availability: October 2012
Guarantee: 2 years – unlimited km
Engine: 1,215 Cm3, 4 times, three-cylinders on line, boring 85 mm X chase 71.4 mm, cooled by water, 2 ACT and 4 soups. /cyl., electronic injection, drive by wire, 6 speeds, electric starter, exhaust three in one and quiet stainless, transmission shafting and Cardan joint
Free version: 134 ch. power with 8,900 tr/min, couple 12 daN.m with 6,450 tr/min
Part cycles: tally aluminum, reversed fork WP, diam. 43 mm/adjustable deb. 130 mm manually (SE: deb. 127 mm with electronic adjustment of relaxation), mono shock absorber adjustable AR in relaxation/deb. 120 mm (SE: Electronically controlled W.P), brakes (integral, ABS not disconnect able) AV 2 discs diam. 320 mm/clamps 4 pistons – AR disc sparkler 282 mm/clamp 2 pistons, tires AV 120/70 X 17 – AR 190/55 X 17
Gauge: length 2,235 mm, width 975 mm, footing 1,542 mm, drives out 119 mm/angle 27°, height of saddle 800/820 mm, tank 26 liters, weight with full 301 kg
Triumph Trophy 1200 standard, its equipment:
- Adjustable saddle in height (+ 20 mm)
- Side satchels of 31 liters
- Coded key
- Wrinkle by wire
- Coupled braking (brake before partially activated when back is slowed down)
- ABS (not disconnect able)
- Bubble with electrical regulation with memorizing of position
- Impermeable compartment with automatic locking in the return of careenage (taken 12 volts)
- Small compartment seals under the saddle
- Pilot auxiliary catch
- Automatic indicators being able to be regulated in manual mode
- Cruise control
- Traction control disconnect able, always activated by default
- Heating handles and saddles
- Site for a standard theft protection device under the saddle
- Fast assembling/ disassembling by strips on the tank for the satchel (Triumph option)
- Support of GPS as an option
- Electronic adjustment height of the side-lights
- Spaced revisions 16,000 km and 32,000 km for the major services
Triumph Trophy 1200 SE, its equipment:
- Equipment initial version +:
- Electronic Adjustments of the relaxation of the fork (sport/normal/comfort) – 127 mm of clearance (130 mm base)
- Shock absorber WP with separate tank and adjustable hydraulic preload electronically (pilot, controls + luggage, pilot with passenger) and relaxation with electronic adjustment
- Audio system, indicator YOUR, indicating TPMS
- Two loudspeakers of 2 X 20W with digital treatment of the signal, equalizer (low, mid-arranges, treble)
- Automatic volume check according to speed
- Port USB with reader flash and support for MP3 player, compatible with iPod and I Phone
- Radio FM/MW/LW with memory of 15 stations per band
- Function RDS with follow-up of frequencies (AF), alert traffic (MT, RG; ETERNITY), selection of the type of program
- Auxiliary catch for instructions of GPS to be diffused by the loudspeakers
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR, for helmet with system A2DP (2 helmets) and possibility of receiving phone calls
- Detection of pressure loss with automatic disconnection to the system to preserve the batter