This year the Triumph has proudly presented the new Triumph MY17 Tiger Explorer Family. This bike features the new focused technology to ensure an excellent superb handling stability plus rider can choose the control level according to personal preference. This family is being divided into two distinct model variants. The all-new XR series are being optimized for road use while the new XC models are best used for rugged terrain. These bikes feature the 1215cc triple engine, which delivers more power, more torque, and better fuel consumption. It makes the overall ride smooth and progressive across the entire rev range. Following are the review of new Triumph MY17 Tiger Explorer Family along with their pictures and price.
Triumph MY17 Tiger Explorer Family – Specification and Price
The all-new Triumph MY17 Tiger Explorer Family features the stylish chassis to lead the riding experience to another level. This bike features an adjustable WP suspension offering the best balance of comfort and control on the entry level models. This system is further enhanced by the use of Triumph Semi-Active Suspension system (TSAS) on XRX, XRT, XCX, and XCA. The all-new Triumph MY17 Tiger Explorer Family features the aerodynamics body shape and the awesome color combination provides an eye-catching view. These models feature the latest technology, radially mounted Brembo Monobloc calipers providing an agility control and performance in all riding conditions. The chassis, suspension, and braking systems are being specially optimized for an ultimate handling and riding experience. The overall design of this family is a little different from MY17 Triumph Tiger 800 Family.
The all-new Triumph MY17 Tiger Explorer Family comes with the unique 12 valve, 1215cc in-line three-cylinder unit. This engine delivers the 139ps at 9300rpm power and torque of 123NM at 6200 rpm. These bikes use the hydraulic torque assist clutch to reduce the lever effort and long-time rider fatigue. These models contain the 6-speed gearbox in which the top gear is set high to make the long distance ride easy and fuel efficient. The power is transmitted to the rear wheel with its low-maintenance final shaft drive.
The all-new Triumph MY17 Tiger Explorer Family comes with the new exhaust system, which provides the best engine performance by achieving the Euro 4 emission standard. It provides the distinctive exhaust note with an ultimate performance in all conditions.
Triumph Semi-Active Suspension (TSAS)
The all-new Triumph MY17 Tiger Explorer Family features the new suspension system, which ensures the smooth ride. It features the all-new Triumph Semi-Active Suspension (TSAS) for the ultimate ride. This system enables the rider to electronically control the adjustment of the front and rear shock absorber pre-load settings for optimal grip and drive in any situation. This system uses an inertial measurement unit containing 3 gyros and 3 accelerometers to measure the pitch and acceleration. The chassis central unit uses this information to calculate the damping settings. All of these models are specially designed to provide the confidence inspiring ride.
Hill Hold Control
The all-new Triumph MY17 Tiger Explorer Family features the new hill hold control, which prevents the bike from rolling back or forward on steep incline or decline. This feature is very helpful especially when the bike is fully loaded or carrying the passenger. This system is activated by the rider pulling sharply on the front brake while stationary. This system maintains the pressure when rider releases the front brake. This hill hold function deactivates automatically by riding off normally.
The all-new Triumph MY17 Tiger Explorer Family features different riding modes. The riders can easily choose these modes according to his preference. There are five different riding modes, four of which are pre-set and one which can be programmed by the rider. The rider can alter the configuration of these models to suit riding style, road and weather conditions. Each of these riding modes changes the map of an engine, levels of ABS and the Traction Control, Power and a damping set-up of the TSAS system. Following are different riding modes used in Triumph MY17 Tiger Explorer Family.
- Road: This mode is specially designed to provide maximum comfort and riding the pleasure. The ABS and the Traction Control settings guarantee the greater stability and optimize braking on paved surfaces. The map of an engine is being set to deliver the smooth power and TSAS provide the optimal setting for road use. This mode is available on entire Triumph MY17 Tiger Explorer Family.
- Rain: This riding mode is developed to use over wet and slippery surfaces. In it, the engine map reduces the power, Traction Control setting minimizes the rear wheel slip for added control and the ABS setting prevents the lock-up, avoiding the uncontrolled skids. The TSAS in this mode features the soft set-up to enhance grip.
- Off-Road: This riding mode is specially designed for added ride and pleasure of covering the broken ground. The Traction Control and ABS settings are adjusted for optimized off-road performance. The TSAS system is specially optimized for this mode for best damping response.
- Sport: The Sports mode is for aggressive riding style. In this mode, the rider can enjoy the full potential of the engine and more direct throttle response. The settings of the ABS guarantees an excellent braking performance on paved surfaces. The Traction Control lets the rider to increase the rear wheel slip while the TSAS system offers the firmer damping to conquer the ride.
- Rider Configurable: It is such mode in which rider can configure the ride with his own style, performance, and enjoyment. This feature is available only on XRT/XCA.
The all-new Triumph MY17 Tiger Explorer Family features the stylish bodywork with crisp lines. Its body is technically crafted with distinctive styling proving this Triumph MY17 Tiger Explorer Family aggressive and commanding look. It features the modern beauty and best design, which shows confidence and capability that everyone expects from Triumph. The cockpit has been newly developed with advanced technology. It features the best ergonomics, switches gear and the latest LCD to provide all the essential information. The electrically adjustable screen add another level of ease for the adjustment of the screen. It enables the rider to constantly tailor the aero-protection and comfort during the ride. The XRT and XCA models have a taller touring screen as the standard for added protection. The position of the seat, footpeg, and bar have carefully developed for maximum comfort of the ride. The heated grips add another level of comfort and confidence during a long ride.
Triumph MY17 Tiger Explorer Family – Price
The all-new Triumph MY17 Tiger Explorer Family is available in 6 distinct models and in addition, the low set option for XRX and XCX is also available. It depends on the rider that how he uses his bike whether for long trips or off-road. These models are made to meet the demand of most of the riders.
|Tiger Explorer XR||$16,200.00|
|Tiger Explorer XRX||$18,000.00|
|Tiger Explorer XRX low||$18,000.00|
|Tiger Explorer XRT||$19,800.00|
|Tiger Explorer XCX||$18,700.00|
|Tiger Explorer XCX low||$18,700.00|
|Tiger Explorer XCA||$20,700.00|