The 2014 Yamaha YZF-R1 is an awesome sport bike likely to be known as a super bike as well. The blasting news for 2014 Yamaha YZF-R1 is that it’s being demanded highly as recorded by Yamaha’s dealers and for the cause of such a high demand variety in color of the bike in introduced. It adds up a blazing orange color bike model red and black models already developed. The sport bikes being developed and produced have a change in their color and graphics only regardless of the complete models. 2014 Yamaha YZF-R1 First Look Review and Specifications in detail given here.
2014 Yamaha YZF-R1 appears in the following
|Grey||$14,290||Available from September 2013|
|Red||$14290+$200||Available from September 2013|
|Blue||$14290+$200||Available from September 2013|
Features / Distinctions for Yamaha YZF-R1:
The model is developed in such a classic way that it befits the rider largely, without letting rider feel uncomfortable or artificial with the bike. The tire wear produced as the result of lesser spin of wheel is reduced aided by traction control. The R1 keeps and maintains the technological perfection just like the last model.
- For the quick and immediate throttle response use of the wire technology is practiced.
- This bike uses the specification of variable intake system in the engine resulting in the increase in the power of the engine.
- For the provision of maximum power the fuel injection system is headed to contribute maximum blend of air/fuel.
- For the sharp handling of the bike and excellence in rigidity aluminum frames are being used.
- Like any other inline-four cylinder super sport the Yamaha YZF R1 is having the same sound.
Cross plane Crankshaft Technology
- This technology is practiced in this model and it has proven to be the best technology of times contributing to high-technology bumpy and unbalanced firing spell.
Not Typical Design of Engine
- It involves two outer as well as two inner pistons that are attached in a way so that they move in pair with 180° spell.
These all have successfully reduced the ups and downs in inertial torque resulting in attaining deathly torque properties.
- 7th level Traction control is there, helping to give rider more traction and easy in driving too. The aluminum pistons are used so that we can be benefited in case power. The intake valves are of titanium and are light in weight. The intake efficiency is cranked up with the support of forced-air intake system this will help in excellent power exposure as well contributing to high speed range.
Variable Throttle Control:
Whenever we an input from rider there are three modes that control the response of YCC-T to that input.
In Low Mid range RPM: Mode “A” to be selected.
For Sensitive Throttle Operation: Mode “B” is to be selected.
|Type of Engine||998cc, liquid-cooled 4-stroke DOHC 16 Titanium intakes valves|
|Fuel||Fuel is injected using YCC-T & YCC-I|
|Bore * Stroke||78.0mm X 52.2mm|
|Transmission||6-speed slipper clutch|
|Final Drive||#530 O-ring chain|
|Ignition||Involves TCI that’s stands for Transistor Controlled Ignition|
|Ratio OF Compression||12.7:1|
|Front End Suspension||Inverted fork if 43mm very flexible, 4.7-in travel|
|Rear End Suspension||Single shock , Flexible 4-way , 4.7 –in travel|
|Front tires||120/70ZR17M/C 58W|
|Rear tires||190/55ZR17M/C 75W|
|Front Brakes||6 piston caliper , Dual disc of 310mm|
|Rear Brakes||Single piston caliper, Disc of 220mm|
- 2014 Yamaha YZF-R1 is having unique style by having LED lights used in it. Aesthetically this bike is provided with triple clamps.
- The frame is made up to provide highest level of inflexibility where required, rider is being benefited in controlling bike along with engine effectiveness while riding. It consists of stamping, gravity casting as well as controlled-Fill die-cast concluding to the finest and correct technicality required for that specific frame.
- R1 involves flexible footrests having height of 15 mm and front to rear 3mm
- Although both forks work or move together but left fork is responsible for compression damping stuff and as far as the right fork is concerned it is working with rebound damping additionally cutting down the oil cavitations.
- It involves everything a rider intends to know about the bike even the position of the gear.
|Seat Height||32.9 inches|
|Wheel Base||55.7 inches|
|Fuel Storage Capacity||4.8 gal|
|Fuel Economy||33 mpg|
|1st Gear||38/15 (2.533)|
|2nd Gear||33/16 (2.063)|
|3rd Gear||37/21 (1.762)|
|4th Gear||35/23 (1.522)|
|5th Gear||30/22 (1.364)|
|6th Gear||33/26 (1.269)|
|Reduction Ratio (Primary)||65/43 (1.512)|
|Reduction Ratio (Secondary)||47/17 (2.765)|
Keeping in view the features attached to 2014 Yamaha YZF R1, it all in all appears to be the best known super bike we ever had. It is remarkable not only in look and feel but by its highly reliable and controlled performance being contributed by high technology used. The above mentioned factors make it pretty comfortable for variety of riders to ride with ease and full control even on a bumpy jumpy journey, so jump on it and enjoy.
2014 Yamaha YZF-R1 First Look Review and Specifications is written by Shekinah Edwin.
All pictures are taken from Yamaha Official Website.